Had epidural, hepatitis treatment and lumba punch. Have back pain, MRI showed degeneration of vertebra and bulged disc

Spine Surgeon
Hi iv had 3 children in the past and had epidurals , was ok after those . But 5 years ago I had Hep C treatment and was hospitalised with complications . I had to have a lumba punch , which took 7 attemps . The last one they took me into theartre as the pain in my right side of my back and leg was so bad nerve like but very very bad . They sedated me the next thing I was out of theatre and they still had been unable to get the sample .... My husband visited me and took a picture of my back , I had 21 visable puncher marks and bad bruising . Since this my back pain has got so bad , im in pain 24/7 sitting , standing ,walking very short distances because of pain . I cant lay in bed on my sides and on my back . Sleep depravation is horrid . Iv had a MRI scan and the Dr said I have degeneration of vertabra and bulging disc's . But it's the pain I had after my lumba punches which is still there !! Could it be nerve damage from the lumba punches or am I paranoid ? :)
If it is nerve damage what do I do next ?And could it be down to negligence ?
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please upload MRI report

Detailed Answer:
I understand the problem. AT present you have back pain and leg pain. Do you have any tingling or numbness in legs? Common reason is degeneration with nerve compression and other reason include arachnoiditis due to dural punctures in the past. Usually detected on MRI. Please upload the MRI report if possible.
Unlikely to get an injury to nerve root due to lp however repeated dural punctures may cause scarring and clumping of the neural elements. This can be detected on MRI with contrast. Thanks.