Had endometriosis and fibroids removed. Have burning and urgency to urinate. Diagnosed kidney stone, given tramadol. Suggest?

In 2010 I had endometriosis confirmed through laproscopy and at the same time had uterine polyps and fibroids removed. I went on the Depo Shot. On January 2013 I quit getting the depo injection. In XXXXXXX of 2013 I began to have my period again and have for July and August as well (Last day of last period Aug. 22) They are exactly 21 days from finish of one to the beginning of another and they last for 5 days. Over the Labor Day weekend I thought I had a UTI - uncomfortable pressure, burning feeling, frequency and urgency to urinate. But the at home test strips I used kept testing positive for White Blood Cells and negative for Nitrates. So I went to a walk in clinic, their labs showed there was not white blood cells in my urine but blood. I was told this was most likely kidney stones and given Tramadol and told to follow up with my Dr if it got worse. It has gotten worse, I'm nauseous with no appetite, stronger pain and tiredness. I went to my Dr this afternoon (This was the 2nd time I met her and I will not be returning) my urine came back completely normal. When I did the urine sample I could see small pink tissue in the cup - how did I have a normal urine? Then she began to tell me this could all be my endometirious and I am to have an ultrasound this week. Through all of the problems I have had with my endometrious , it has never presented like this. I would just like a little more guidance in all this. I feel like I've been told two separate things (kidney stones and endo) without anyone actually having an answer. What should I do now?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go ahead with ultrasound KUB; treat endometriosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I think I shoold rightfully start by explaining endometriosis, the condition, to you. In endometriosis, the inner lining of the uterus called endometrium grows and flourishes in areas outside the uterus. For this reason, the endometrium can be found in different places.

Women with endometriosis can have various other complications including recurrent bleeding between cycles, recurrent infection (even urinary tract infections), etc.

That being said, it could be true that you had/have an infection, but the cause could be either endometriosis itself or even a a kidney stone. I would say that it is not wrong that the two doctors have suspected two conditions which are not linked to each other, but I hope you understand how this can be possible. For this reason, it would be wise to go ahead with the ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, bladder) to rule out/diagnose kidney stones. Once they are ruled out, you can assume the endometriosis to be the cause for all your symptoms.

Different laboratories can report different results, and the small pink tissue could have just been your endometrial tissue, which would be normal. Do not worry about this. I know it can be confusing and worrying, but the correct next step would be to rule out the kidney stones, and once they are ruled out, concentrate entirely on the endometriosis.

I hope I have succeeded in explaining things to your clearly. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.