Had endometrial ablation done. Have an AICD. What type of hysterectomy will be safe?

May 2013
I need to have a hysterectomy due to hyperplasia with atypia, which was discovered in pathology AFTER I had already had an endometrial ablation. To complicate things, I have an AICD and am 100 percent pacemaker dependent. I know they use electrocautery during some hysterectomies. Not good with the AICD. What type of hysterectomy would generally be best for me?
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

according to your report, history and age you can for total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo oopherectomy,
some doctors may preserve the ovaries but at your age better to remove,

electrocautery will be used in surgery when blood loss to be prevented and adhesions to be released but when doctors aware about your pacemaker they will use some other methods like clamping, ligating, suturing etc, so you need not worry about that,

usually before surgery they will do pre-anesthetic checkup and also take opinion of cardiologist,
then after considering their recommendations your doctors will plan surgery under strict monitoring,
so you tell your previous medical history to your doctors and they will look after the remaining,
take your medicines regularly to keep blood pressure, blood sugar and other conditions under control.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.