Had endocarditis surgery. Taking metoprolol and warfarin. Guide?

On August 16 I had endocarditis surgery. I am taking medication now (Metoprolol, Warfarin, et al) I feel fairly lousy. Do you think that once I don't have to take those medicines, I will feel "normal" again?
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that definitely when your medicines will be reduced you will feel much better but still I have a concern . The drug metoprolol that you are taking often reduces heart rate . Sometimes when more than required dose is taken heart rate becomes low and the person has a feeling of being unwell .

I will advise you to see your doctor and discuss with him regarding this issue and get your heart rate checked . Rest I dont think there is anything to worry about .

Take care and wish you good health .

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Had endocarditis surgery. Taking metoprolol and warfarin. Guide? 8 minutes later
I currently take metoprolol twice a day. Should I
Take it only once a day ?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

The dose can be adjusted only by your treating doctor after duly examining you if at all it needs to be done . You should keep taking the medicine as advised to you and talk to your treating doctor regarding this.

Dr. Shruti