Had elevated SGOT-338 an dSGPT-47. Total Bilrubin 14.6 mg. Suggestions?

Hello My Father's age is 53 and according to reports, he has Elevated SGOT -338 @ 37C , SGPT - 47 @37C, Alkaline Phosphatase - 159 @ 37C, Total Bilrubin 14.6 mg, Direct Bilrubin - 6.6 mg %, Indirect Bilrubin - 8.0 mg %, Medicines suggested by our Local Doctor are Liveril Forte and Ursocol SR 600 , each "single tablet / day" . Please suggest on what is the condition and how effective it is.. How can we concentrate on reducing bilrubin levels also suggestions on diet
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I need more information to give a better opinion.

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
I need more information so that I can give a better opinion.

I would like to know whether he consumes alcohol.
What is the PT/INR value?

Kindly get back to me with the answers and I would give my opinion.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: Had elevated SGOT-338 an dSGPT-47. Total Bilrubin 14.6 mg. Suggestions? 31 hours later
1. Other parameters in the report are as follows.

Patient- 18 Seconds
Control - 16 Seconds
I N R - 1.1
HBsAg - Non-Reactive
HCV - Non - Reactive
Using Glynase MF, Volibo 0.2mg for diabetes and electroxin 100mg for thyriod since past 10 years
He was diagnoised Jaundice 3.8 mg% on 29th of september 2013 and gradually increased to 14.6 mg% by monday this week, He is not having nausea, vomitings, fever, adbominal pain. He is a non smoker and non alocholic
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer given below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional information provided.

The cause for high bilirubin is not found yet.
The common causes like alcohol intake, infection with hepatitis B and C has been ruled out.
So tests for other causes should be done which include workup for autoimmune and metabolic diseases.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini