Had ectopic pregnancy and tube removed. What are the chances of getting prengency with one tube?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doctor,
My wife had ectopic pregency 2 times for same fallopian tube. Doctor removed that tube.
And she suggested wait for 1 year for pregnency. Now 1 year is completed.we want try for pregency.My Age is 30 yr and my wife age is 26 years.
Please clarify me
1. How chances of getting prengency with one tube.
2. Now what things we need to care before try for prengency.
3. What tests need to do from my side and my wife.
4. How to produced now.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 31 minutes later

It is sad to hear your wife lost one tube. However she has a good chance of pregnancy. Following are my comments / suggestions:

1) Even though there is one tube, chances of getting pregnancy are good because your wife is young. She will have good eggs.

2) No special care is required before trying for pregnancy. Be normal.

3) Your wife needs to undergo tests like hysterosalpingogram (HSG / Tubal patency test) to test for patency of other tube along with ultrasonography for egg count (called antral follicle count). You also need to get your semen analysis done. These tests will determine your chances to parent a child.

4) You can also request the gynecologist to perform a follicular growth scan in each cycle to check if eggs are releasing from patent tube side ovary. This scan will determine the date of ovulation. Sexual intercourse during those days will be fruitful. Pregnancy can occur naturally during the days of ovulation if all other tests are normal.

I hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol