Had ear burn. Prescribed nexium. Reacted having diarrhea and nausea. Mild shocks occuring in the body. Guide?

I am XXXXXXX Karoba. I had hear burn and my doctor prescribed nexium. But I reacted by havin diarrhea nausea mild shocks occurring in my body. But in going back the doctor said that I could be having another infection that is good poisoning. What's your take.
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 20 minutes later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Yah, you may be right overthere that it may be food poisoning or acute infectious enteritis as you are having diarrhea and nausea and mild shock may be due to loss of fluid and electrolytes. So I will advise you to take a course of antibiotics like ofloxacin and ornidazole. Keep your hydration level well. However if you are not able to take orally due to nausea then you require iv fluids to maintain hydration. You may continue with nexium for heartburns

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.