Had duromine tablet and having anxiety with panic attacks. Relaxing and breathing isn't working. Suggest?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Last night I had a duromine tablet & I have anxiety lately and having bad anxiety/panic attacks all day and am scared. Relaxing & breathing isn't working. Im scared what do I do?
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
anxiety and panic attacks are reported side effects of duromine. This is not commonly seem but it is known side effect which usually occurs in people with medical history of anxiety or depression.first, you should stop taking it and never take it again. we usually don't recommend such products for obesity treatment unless nothing else is helpful.

you should avoid coffee,alcohol,smoking and any other psychostimulans. continue with relaxing(yoga,masagge,breathing exercises) but it should be combined with physical activity, running, cycling and swimming. get enough fresh and healthy food,avoid sugar and fats. think positive and be surrounded with friends and family.
if nothing helps, you need medical therapy,usually benzodiazepines. As last option you ll need professional help by joining support group or psychotherapy but this is not usually necessary after drug induced anxiety so I am sure it won't be necessary in your case. Wish you good health. If you have questions I ll be glad to help. Regards