Had dry, itchy scalp and thinning hair. Scalp is sensitive to touch and throat irritation. Suggest the treatment?

I have dry, itchy scalp and thinning hair . my scalp is very sensitive too the touch. though my scalp and hair is greased it irritates my throat causing me to have a prolong dry cough. when am around people they seem to have that same irritating cough. I've tried almost everything possible. my spouse thinks am losing my mind but I know am not. please help me.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seboerrhic Dermatitis,Allergic Bronchitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear,
Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Your first problem is Seborrhic Dermatitis.
If you would had loaded a photograph of your lesion, then it could have been easier for me to explain you better.

Seborrhic dermatitis is better treated by doing ketoconazole shampooing of scalp twice weekly for long term. Let the shampoo leather remain in the scalp for about 10 minutes and then rinse it with plain water.
Plus application of some lotion (combination of antifungal drug and milder steroid) twice a day in your scalp will help you a lot in alleviating the itchy symptoms.

Second problem of throat is different from the first one.
This is allergic cough troubling you.
Cough syrups combination of Chlorphenaramine maleate and some cough suppressant like dextromethrphan should help you a lot.
Try to find out which particular thing start irritating your throat (some smell,particular atmosphere,some eatables, dust, smoke or any thing which irritate you) to be avoided.
Immuno modulator drugs like montleukast for long duration to be taken.
Proper treatment of sinusitis is required with ENT specialist. It may be allergic sinusitis.

Hope the query is answered.

Please feel free for the further clarification.