Had done permanent straightening of hair, pregnant. Will that affect pregnancy?

hi there
before 3 days I permanently straighten my hair and yesterday I got my pregnancies positive report and I'm 10 weeks pregnant so it will affect my baby..
I'm so worried please help me
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 25 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us.
I would like to know which method or technique you have used for straightening your hairs? as common techniques do not harm pregnancy.
Hope you are taking folic acid supplements & have visited an antenatal clinic for booking.
Since you are now aware of your pregnancy it is better if you avoid any potentially harmful activity & do not use any medicine without medical supervision.
I will be waiting for your response to help you further.
Follow-up: Had done permanent straightening of hair, pregnant. Will that affect pregnancy? 4 minutes later
I had used matrix hair straightener
I taken appointment with dr for regular check ups...
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 46 minutes later
Thanks for your response.
These products are usually developed keeping in mind the safety limits for the person using. Therefore not considered harmful with single use. There are no known & proven harmful effects in pregnancy but these may damage your health & hairs if not used by an expert & if they are mixed with other sub-standard products. It is always wise to avoid exposure to chemicals during pregnancy, so, keep this in mind for rest of your pregnancy.
So, don't take tension & take care of your health & your baby.
Best of luck