Had dizziness and was sweating badly. Felt better with glucose. Underlying cause?

I felt dizzy and was sweating badly at office today. After I had some soda and glucose I felt better. It was my 1st day of periods.. I have never felt like this before.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
probably a syncopal attack

Detailed Answer:

Please relax. The episode that you faced at office today was probably a syncopal attack.

This can happen occasionally. This is due to sudden fall in blood pressure due to various reasons. You felt better after having soda and glucose. That is good.

Nothing to worry as this was just one episode. If this repeats often, then you need further evaluation.

For now, you can relax and be happy that nothing is wrong with your health.

Eat regularly and drink plenty of fluids orally.

Wish you good health.