Had dizziness and burning in the eyes, felt faint. Underlying cause?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Question
Had dizziness and burning in the eyes, felt faint. Last only about 30 seconds or less.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
The burning in your eyes may have been a reaction to something in the air such as a chemical or pollen. You may had had a slight allergic reaction. This can cause dizziness and fainting whilst affecting the eyes in this way.
As it only lasted 30 seconds, it is unlikely to be serious and there will probably not be any lasting problems to your health from this episode.
I hope this has helped you. If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger
MBChB FRCA