Had diarrhea, uncomfortable tummy and have to rush to loo. tried medicine. Suggest?

Rheumatologist
Question
I HAVE HAD DIARRHEAFOR A FEW WEEKS I GET AN UNCOMFORTABLE TUMMYTHEN HAVE TO RUN TO THE LOO IT IS MOSTLY VERY EMBARRASING WIND I HAVE TRIED EVERY TABLET AND AM VERY WORRIED THANKYOU
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may be having IBS.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem you didnt mention any passage pf blood in stools that means the condition is innocent . You may be suffering from condition known as colonoscopy , hydrogen breath test to rule out any pathology

Loperamide, codeine, diphenoxylate etc. can be tried . Ondansetron can also be tried . Avoid lactose containing foods , try to avoid gluten containing products also. Consult a gastroenterologist for expert opinion.

Dr. Shruti