Had diarrhea for year and after sex have contracted same. Underlying cause?

my girlfriend has had diarrhea for over a year and after sex now i have had it for 3 months i got it after she had a orgasem with me
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 20 minutes later
Hi E.wilder,
Thanks for writing in.
Chronic diarrhea need proper investigation. It may prove to be an infection or any other inflammatory bowel disease.
I think you both should see a Gastroenterologist. The doctor will take your detailed history & will suggest you tests like Stool detailed report & Stool culture. Doctor may also suggest blood tests to rule out Typhoid. Once a proper diagnosis is in hand a treatment can be offered to you to solve this problem.
Wish you good health.