Had diarrhea. Having occasional pain in left abdominal. Suggest?

Pediatrician
Question
I have had diarrhea off and on for a few weeks. Today I had another episode. Floating on top of the water was a bright orange ball about the size of a small marble.
In addition, I have been having occasional pains in my lower left abs.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

You mentioned that you are having diarrhoea off and on. I shall appreciate if you can share the following:
1. Any investigations done? Their results.
2. What medications have you taken for the diarrhoea?
3. How many times do you pass motion in a day? Its colour and consistency?
The bright orange ball which you noticed floating could have been a little blood mixed with stool. I suggest that you get your stool examined and consult a doctor. Depending on the stool routine and occult blood examination further management shall be decided.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Had diarrhea. Having occasional pain in left abdominal. Suggest? 54 minutes later
I have the diarrhea about 1 time every other day. The color is light brown. You mentioned that the ball could be blood. Is this true even if the color was a very bright orange? The ball also seemed to be formed.

Thank you for the update. However you have not mentioned if any investigations have been done or medications taken.

As I mentioned that it can be blood and if it is a small quantity then it can appear as orange. We need to get the stool analyzed to know the exact cause.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Rajiv