Had diarrhea. Allergic to antibiotic. Test results for HIV CMIA duo/ Rouche assay

i had allergic to antibotic, had diahroya,
addmitted in hospital and people told it is antibiotic allergy.
then had a doubt check the symptoms, so tested for HIV CMIA duo/ Rouche assay at 20 day after exposure.results were negative.
i did vaginal intercourse with my friend(well know friend).
is there any chance the result can change?
after getting tested, results came negative at 20 th day.

i had small pain in left wrist and right wrist,small pain above the leg fingers,yesterday went toilet for 4 times . my digestion is not goodc currently,

i got admitted in hospital on june-6,7 2013, since then my digestion is not good.
currently after taking test after 20 days which is negative.
how much percentage is it accurate?

what is the accuracy after 28 days for CMIA/DUO rouche ASSAY
please anwers
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 7 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Diarrhea can be caused by multiple causes like bacterial/viral /parasitic infection.
HIV is not the only cause in diarrhea.

CMIA/DUO rouche ASSAY is very dependable test after 28 days.

Negative result rules out the HIV infection. Also the very fact that your exposure was with known person reduces the risk .

Still it has to be repeated after 3 months to be absolute confirmation.

Your symptoms are unlikely to be due to HIV and you can relaxed about it.

Diarrhea in HIV is seen in late stages and is persistent for weeks together.

It is very unlikely in your case.

Hope this helps you .
Dermatology STd specialist
Follow-up: Had diarrhea. Allergic to antibiotic. Test results for HIV CMIA duo/ Rouche assay 6 hours later
i feel afraid and little depressed, not able to sleep properely.
when i get up in morning, my tongue turns white.
is it normal?

i am very much worried ?

local doctor gave sleeping pills.
yeserday took sleeping pills
some medicine to improve digestion in stomach.
when i woke up, morning i saw white tongue?
i brushed and clean the tongue, white colour went
is it normal or it is also a symptom of HIV
i will repeat the test at 28 day on coming sunday.
but very stressed
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 16 hours later

Thanks for details.

White tongue can be due to candidiasis (fungal infection)or coated tongue (due to dehydration or diarrhea etc).

Candidiasis can be associated infection with HIV, whereas coated tongue is common in dehydration and diarrhea.

So you should not worry about the symptoms and get tested for HIV at 28 days.

Risk is very low in your case as the partner was known.Repeat test will confirm the negative status.
Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Had diarrhea. Allergic to antibiotic. Test results for HIV CMIA duo/ Rouche assay 7 hours later

thank you for your reply.
tongue is light white in color .
can i take the test tomorrow or sunday,
tomorrow is 26 day and sunday is 27 ,
or should i take it exactly take it on monday
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 14 hours later
Hi ,
You should take the test on 28th day only.Although it does not make much of difference by a day or two but for safe side you should get tested on 28th day itself.
If you are satisfied with the answer you can accept it and rate it at the end.
Follow-up: Had diarrhea. Allergic to antibiotic. Test results for HIV CMIA duo/ Rouche assay 45 hours later
hi Doctor ,

thank you for your reply .
i got tested today, last month may 27th morning around 8 clock i had exposure.
today i tested, result was negative. index value remains same .43 .

report contains HIV combo(ROUCHE) .43 COI below mentioned as non-reactive.
method :CMIA/DUO.

how accurate is this result, because i en-quired lab technician who do no know any information about this whether it contains antigen detection or not. she told only antibody. i ask general physician, he also mentioned the same. but in the report they mentioned CMIA/DUO. how much accurate is this report, i will redo the test at 6 week ,8 week and 12 weeks.

i am little depressed , not able to predict. people are not answering my question.

i attached my test report as well
Follow-up: Had diarrhea. Allergic to antibiotic. Test results for HIV CMIA duo/ Rouche assay 1 hour later
do you suggest me to take another test tomorrow by another method called ELFA
or CMIA is the best method.

i did CMIA test at 20th day and 28 day exposure, that is today, index value is .43 which remains same. is it good indicator or bad one ?

please guide me
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 days later
Hi Again,
Sorry for replying late but I had busy schedule.

The Chemiluminscence (CMIA) HIV test is extremely accurate and reliable, and most CMIA tests include detection of the p24 antigen, which allows for earlier HIV infection detection. This is because an exposure which leads to an infection can take up to 3 days & P24 antigens are detectable immediately after infection, until your body's antibody response takes over (at which time the antibodies bind to the antigens, making them no longer detectable). However, not all CMIA tests may include p24 antigen detection, so retesting at 12 weeks is suggested.

While I do not expect your "non-reactive", or "negative" results to change, As HIV specialist I do recommend re-testing at 12 weeks.
The index value 0.43 does not hold any significance,its not indicator at all.

Hope this clears your doubt.