Had depression, PTSD, bipolar disorder and ADHD. Blood test showed elevated WBC. What to do?

I had a complete blood work up by my internist in April & he is out of the country for the next 3 months. I would like some help with interpreting possible reasons for elevated blood count. He didn't write a note or address anything, I just called the office & he sent a copy. I noticed the Elevated WBC (not fighting infection at the time- or at least that I was aware of).
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I clearly reviewed your case here there are many factors responsible for causing high white blood counts
1. The commonest cause is allergic conditions such as bronchitis, asthma, etc
2. Secondly many infections too cause increased counts but you need to look for erythrocyte sedimentation rate
3. Drug induced. The commonest drugs such as steroids, lithium and beta receptor agonist

As you are taking drugs for depression, there are many chances that you might have increased counts.

Review with your psychiatrist once. Ask him whether he can prescribe you some alternate drugs.

Hope this is helpful for you.