Had dental procedure scaling and planing, not given antibiotics but only mouth rinse. Can I donate blood?

I just had a dental procedure[scaling and planing] I was NOT given oral antibiotics, just a antibiotic mouth rinse to spit out after 30 seconds. my question is can I still donate blood??
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

From the information you have provided, there is no contraindication to donating blood. However if it is not and urgent request, i will like to suggest that you consider doing that after 7days. If you must do it right now, then go ahead. It is still safe.

I am glad wit your commitment to donating blood. It for sure saves lives and is a very good contribution to healthcare. Thank you for doing this.

I hope this answer your query fully. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. feel free to ask me any follow up questions if need be.
Dr. Ditah, MD.