Ask a Urologist   »  

Had cystocele and rectocele. Catheter came out. Have little urination. How to treat this?

Jul 2016

I am 10 days post-op from cystocele and rectocele. catheter came out after 6 days. I can pee, but no more than 25-100cc and am now self-cathing 4x a day to empty. How long can this last before I am able to completely empty on my own?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is common after Cestocele Surgery. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone surgery for Cystocele and Rectocele very recently and has problem in emptying bladder completely. This is common problem every body faces after Cystocele surgery which gets resolved after 3-4 weeks. Please take drug like Bethanechol (Urivoid) twice daily .This will help to regain bladder tone and magnitude of bladder contraction and there by help in emptying the bladder completely. Since you are doig self intermittent catheterisation at home take prophylactic antibiotic like Ciprifloxacin twice daily to avoid getting UTI. Ensure t drink more water. This problem will get resolved in 3-4 weeks. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.