Had cyst removed about and occasionally having pain. Have taken a shot before. Still in pain near breast

Had a cyst removed about 6years ago and occasionally having pain I have gotten a shot before but someone told me its not good to get it all the time...the cyst is located on my back on the right side near my breast...why am I still receiving pain and who should I go to see to figure out why it's still hurting from years ago
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Injudicious use of Pain killer shots may damage your kidneys.

So it should be reserved for more pressing situations.

By seeming the site(Photo). You have a post surgical care of 1 to 2 inches.
Most probably it might have been a Sebaceous cyst removal.

Sebaceous cysts are known for recurrences. This may be one reason for pain.

Secondly it may be a Musculoskeletal pain as it responds to pain killers.

You may need

1. X XXXXXXX of the area to rule out any bony lesion or lung involvement.

2. Ultrasound of the area to seen any swelling in the area.

The treatment of the pain depends on the cause and the cause needs to be diagnosed.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.
Follow-up: Had cyst removed about and occasionally having pain. Have taken a shot before. Still in pain near breast 10 hours later
It can't be from irritated nerves could it.....after a cyst is removed what are the possibilities of it growing back...i had a cyst removed when I was about 11years old maybe a little older on my left shoulder blade and seems like there is no issues with it, this was done like 1999, so I don't know why the one that was done the most recently is causing me the most issues...the other one on my shoulder blade doesn't bother me at all...i just dont understand
may I ask what you mean by post surgical care?

will the cyst boil up again after time passes?
you can tell a big difference between the two...the old one it was removed completely the newest one looks like its starting to grow back it looks irritated..
it has been at least 2years since I have gotten the shot, its like a needle like pain that gets kind of uncomfortable pain...i was trying to figure out if there is other treatment other than getting that shot every year
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 47 minutes later

It was Post surgical scar.

Cyst is basically a fluid collection.

If the cyst is not removed in its totality there is always a chance the fluid getting collected and cause swelling.

Neurological pain usually presents as tingling, numbness and burning pain in the region of the affected nerve supplying.

In that case you need to rule out any herpes infection in the past.

Treatment option depends on finding the cause of the pain.

1. If the cyst recurs then it need to be removed.

2. If it is neurological pain it need to managed medically(Antidepressants, Antipsychotic drugs).
Follow-up: Had cyst removed about and occasionally having pain. Have taken a shot before. Still in pain near breast 3 minutes later
Why does it look so different from my old cyst removal as i uploaded more pictures of the incision
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 18 minutes later

In the old cyst removal site only suture marks are seen.

In new lesion is reddish and also shows signs of inflammation.

This can be an infected cyst.

You may need a course of antibiotics.

Consult your doctor to explore more treatment options.