Had cyst below testicle. It hurts. Having groin area. What should be done?

Dear dr,

I will try n keep my issues as short as possible. I had a cyst below my left testicle 10 years ago, evaluated by the doctor after ultrasound. It did not grow or give any problems. Recently I was straining to move bowels n my left testicle hurts. Pain subsided without treatment n began to self examine. I found another small marble ball this time on top of my left testicle. Terrified , I went to the dr n had an ultrasound. Evaluated another cyst. It could have been there for years unnoticed.

The dr assured that its benign. N that should it grow then aspiration or further medi will be administered. I felt better, left n my state of anxiety remained.

I had a growth, phleomorphic adenoma when I was 12 years old. Ignored it n finally grew to a size of a golf ball. Went for op to remove this when I was 17 years old. Grew healthily for the next 10 years n saw blood in my urine n semen. Dr say can be infection to cancer, gone thru all the checks n appt waiting, conclude infection n given antibiotics , prostatitis recur a few times in the next 2 years. I was busy n had a stress job. Always holding urine, I changed this habit n was well aldy. Thankfully hadn recur for years.

I asked the dr wat caused phleomorphic adenoma? Answer where no reason or no science proof. Y I kept had prostatitis , hard to say. Y I had testicle cyst? Dr say no definite sayings could be inflammation. So y did all this happen?? For no reason?? That makes me feel helpless n worried.

If one suffer stomach pain, it could well be wrong food eaten. If someone develop fever, it could well be a cold due to weather etc. but y the issues I have is all hidden? N no thorough explanation for the cause of it. Not even in the website.

I'm not afraid to die , it's the process n trauma one had to go thru that is traumatizing. If dr say someone had cancer advanced stage, den well wait to die. But if dr says early stage n operation n therapy is the solution to prolonged life, that's the terrible part to go thru. Get wat I mean?

Yes, I went to evaluate on my cyst n dr said to observe n jux leave it alone. But I can't get my mind off that something developed in my male organ , or in my body, n the cause is unknow.

I can't shake of the fact that there is something extra down there?!!
I can't shake off the thoughts that it will grow big n surgery/aspiration etc is needed. Y I do I need to go thru this when majority male XXXXXXX have to.

I'm so afraid to check my balls now fearing there is changes to the cyst.... N I begin to feel on off ache on my groin area. Very mild n randomly.

I'm leaving in this state on something in my mind..

Pls tell me how should I go about changing this situation?
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 4 hours later
Thanks for your query. I completely understand and acknowledge your concern with the cyst considering the past history of medical illness. What you require now is a way to get rid of the thoughts you consider as excessive, unwanted at this stage and distressing. There are multiple thought stopping techniques which you can get trained in from a clinical psychologist. Additionally, techniques like CBT/ Cognitive behavioural therapy as well as relaxation techniques including yoga, meditation and breathing relaxation exercises are likely to benefit you. I would also recommend an initial psychiatric assessment to rule out hypochondriasis and other anxiety spectrum disorders. An anti-anxiety agent like SSRI is lkely to benefit you. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Follow-up: Had cyst below testicle. It hurts. Having groin area. What should be done? 1 hour later
Dear dr,

I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder 7 years ago. Along with hypochondria. I taken Zantac, lexapro lastly seroxat which I gain weight of 10kg. I say a therapist . Read all about meditation , breathing techniques etc. I tried everyone of it n it's not helping.
I agree that anxiety causes the problems but of there are no problems, there is no anxiety.
I can't stop worrying about my cyst. What can I do?
Everytime after something is gone, a new problem will arise.
I'm at wits end
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 18 minutes later
Going through the information provided, the best bet at this stage would be CBT/Cognitive behavioural therapy, a psychotherapy technique that can be administered by trained clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar