Ask a Urologist   »  

Had cut on penile head caused by a blow job. How to treat it?

Question
How do I treat a cut on my penile head caused by a blow job? It was cut from a piece of dried glue from behind my wife's teeth (she had them glued after her braces were taken off).
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 22 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,

Welcome to healthcare magic!
The cut on penis by teeth may lead to seeding of many bacteria and lead to infection.
So you need to get it cleaned with antiseptic solution and get it dressed aseptically.
You also need antibiotics Augmentin and Metrogyl For 4-5 days.
If the wound is XXXXXXX and gaping, it would need a cleaning and repair with suturing and dressing. If it is small non gaping then dressing and antibiotics will do.
Lastly no blow jobs or sex for a week.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Had cut on penile head caused by a blow job. How to treat it? 20 minutes later
I asked this question for my husband (this is his wife) the cut is not XXXXXXX (as far as I can tell) and did not bleed much at all. It was caused by left over glue on my teeth-not the teeth themselves. He won't go to the doctor for this. Is there some way we can treat it at home without antibiotics? If he keeps it clean and we don't have sex for a while - will that be enough? I just don't want him to get an infection...but he won't go to the doctor.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 22 hours later

Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physicians!
The injury is important due to presence saliva bacteria whether by tooth or by glue.
The kind of injury you have described, can be managed with local cleanliness and topical application of Neosporin ointment/Bactroban Cream twice a day for 4-5 days.
If he do not want to see the doctor let him be.
And off course be gentle on it may be next time injuries might be difficult to manage.

I think the advise would be helpful for you.

If you still have queries if any, please feel free to communicate back.

And if satisfied with my solution then please accept the answer and take a moment to post your view in the Review Section about my Clinical skills!

Wish you a great XXXXXXX