Had cut on hand and then touched garbage bag containing animal broke. Should I worry?

Psychiatrist
Question
I had a cut on my hand and I touched a garbage bag that a animal broke into a day later I think, I went to the ER and doctor and they said if anything got into my cut that it would be infected, and said I'm fine, i also don't know what animal it was and if it had rabbies should I be worried?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of rabies

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

In your situation there is no risk or rabies. You can be assured about it. Only thing you would worry is bacterial infection of the wound and you need to take proper care like cleaning and dressing and antibiotic cover.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Had cut on hand and then touched garbage bag containing animal broke. Should I worry? 47 minutes later
If the rabbie saliva got into it wouldn't the cut be infected? I cry everyday thinking I'm gonna die

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clarifications

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Can you elaborate this incident
" I touched a garbage bag that a animal broke into a day later I think"

I understand that you already had a cut and then you put your hand into the bag which you think an animal had visited before. Please clarify me if I am wrong.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Had cut on hand and then touched garbage bag containing animal broke. Should I worry? 11 minutes later
Your right that's what happened the ER wouldn't even give me shots and said I don't have rabbies my doctor did blood work and she said she would know by now if I had it

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
They are right

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I am not sure if you will agree with me, but they are right. There is no chance of you having rabies. You are safe.
Moreover rabies shots have their own side-effects. Why do you want to expose yourself.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Had cut on hand and then touched garbage bag containing animal broke. Should I worry? 5 hours later
Is it true though my doctor did a blood test on my white blood count and said it would of showed if I had a diese or infection and she said she would know by now if I had it but I read stuff online that made me believe other stuff

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should be fine

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Blood tests would have shown a change in the WBC count.
You should be fine.
The internet medical facts are half knowledge based. Thats why we are here at health care magic to help you get to know the exact facts.
You need not worry!
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Had cut on hand and then touched garbage bag containing animal broke. Should I worry? 1 hour later
U think if I had it that it off showed up though in a week and would of my cut been infected if something got in it

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Yes you are right
Rabies or wound infection would have showed up by now. Hence no need to worry.
By the way just wondering that do you generally get bothered very easily on small matters. Do you become anxious very easily? So you have palpitations frequently?
Just wondering if you have anxiety disorder as well.
If any further help do let me know.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Had cut on hand and then touched garbage bag containing animal broke. Should I worry? 2 minutes later
Yes I have OCD and and high anxitey and very bad depression to the point where I cry a lot, I think my life is ticking down

Brief Answer:
Do you want help on this aspect as well

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Regarding your first aspect about you having rabies has been answered I think to your satusfaction.
Its unfortunate that you have such an anxity disorder called OCD.
If you feel you ned help in this aspect as well, do let me know further details about your illness and medicines you are alredy on or have been tried on you.

Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Had cut on hand and then touched garbage bag containing animal broke. Should I worry? 35 minutes later
I'm a type of person that needs to be guaranteed about something and I just wish that I was about not having rabies

My doctor told me this morning that I would by now if I had it I trust my doctor she said she seen before how people get sick right away

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are garunteed

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have seen 5 such patients of rabies before and I know how fast it progresses.
Dont worry, you will fine. You can be assured about it.
You are not having rabies!
Dr. Srikanth