Had cut on hand. Developed sore forearm and swollen wrist. What are the test to be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I got my hand caught on the door handle of a car as l was trying to get in,the driver drove off at high speed,l had to shout and scream for him to stop,because everything was happening so fast l could only think about my feet being run over,to be brief ,the next day my forearm was sore and wrist swollen,emergency department said its a oblique subtle distal radius fracture and l was put on a cast for two weeks,after two weeks saw othorpedic got X-ray ,told him its still painful ,he checked the X-ray and he mumbled that it might be a small crack but l should be fine should be able to go straight to work coz everything looks fine on X-ray,so l was shocked and had to explain the kind of job l do it's physical,then he have me a week off after an awkward silence.when home in pain got medication tried to sleep but l kept on feeling the pain,called the clinic to explain my condition and l was told its up to me to decide to come back ,went back to emergency presentedy case assigned to a ED doctor who was wondering also why the cast was not put back if l was still in pain ,doctor checked my file ,explained that initially there did not see a fracture and was not visible again the second time,so l wondered why all this was not explained to me earlier ,so a specialist was consulted because my wrist was swollen close to the thumb,specialist examined my wrist and l was in pain then he said the incident could not have fractured the wrist ,he thought it could be like holding a phone for a minute or two.dows a soft tissue injury take long to heal?.my worry is this is a work injury,from the time l got hurt my employer and insurer were mot willing to provide care entitlements so l worry that if the doctors cannot find anything my employer and insurer might reject my medical there any tests that l can take or can l get a different opinion from another othorpedic
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
From your description it seems that you have suffered a soft tissue injury of the wrist due to the accident.
An MRI of the wrist is the best way to find out the extent of injury and to rule out even a minor fracture.
It is not likely that a specialist will miss a fracture twice in the X-rays. Soft tissue injuries can take even 4-6 weeks to heal and even longer if adequate rest is not given to the affected area.
You can take a second opinion after an MRI to confirm the diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Had cut on hand. Developed sore forearm and swollen wrist. What are the test to be done? 23 minutes later
Now am not sure why l have so much pain below the thumb and am hoping there is just nothing serious.if its a minor fracture can get bigger in future and cause damage
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The fracture is not likely to increase in size but the displaced fragments can cause pain and delay in healing.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.