Had cut on above nipple while doing soft sex. Chances of HIV?

Question
hello doctor, Yesterday i have done soft sex with a guy. im a XXXXXXX Im always scared to do sex. but due to that compulsion i have done..i have not allowed him to touch my under parts. he hugged kissed(no lip to lip), bited my nipples. thats it. Morning i have seen one small microscopic cut on above my nipple. i dont know his sex.status. if i assume if he is hiv positive and assuming small cut on his lips. what is the percentage that im infecting with HIV?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Chances of transmission of HIV by sucking the breasts are there if there was some skin disease causing cuts on the breasts or the nipples. Moreover your partner had cuts on his lips as well. In both these cases, HIV can get transmitted, otherwise not.

CDC (centre for disease control and prevention) has clearly stated that specific fluids (blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and breast milk) from an HIV-infected person can transmit HIV. These specific fluids must come in contact with a mucous membrane or damaged tissue or be directly injected into the blood-stream (from a needle or syringe) for transmission to possibly occur. In your case your partner had cuts on his lips and then you have noticed cuts on your nipples.

HIV testing is done with a blood test and is done in full confidentiality. The blood is first tested by ELISA test which is a screening test which looks for antibodies in the blood. Then if it is positive then Western blot test is done to look for specific proteins of HIV. You can get ELISA test for HIV done from your physician.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Had cut on above nipple while doing soft sex. Chances of HIV? 11 hours later
above my chest is a microscopic cut...and there was no bleeding at the time, but i can c red dots..is it enough to transmit HIV?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 23 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

If there is a blood to blood contact even if the cuts are microscopic then chance, of transmission of HIV are there although in case of such cuts, chances become less.

To be absolutely clear about the status of HIV, you can get investigated for it.

Regards.

Follow-up: Had cut on above nipple while doing soft sex. Chances of HIV? 12 minutes later
Thanks for your answer.. how soon i should done this test doctor??

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 27 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You can get HIV tetsing done by ElISA method now. The window period for the antibody test to be positive is around 3 months.

If the HIV antibody test is negative at 3 months, then HIV is virtually ruled out as ELISA is a very sensitive test to pick up even very small amount of antibodies.

Regards.