Had cut hand vein deeply, and not treated it . Left side from head to toe pains with breathing difficulty

hello doctor, i tried to cut my left hand vein and the cut was very deep and i didnt took any cure for that.
its been around 5 years now...and my left portion has started paining alot from 1 yr back..i m having problem in breathing also ,the left part of the head also pains alot, left portion from head to toe keeps paining like needles everytime and sumtyms the pain gets unbearable... please help me out with this and also tell the consequences for this...
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Migraine, Vitamin deficiency or due to CNS lesion

Detailed Answer:

The problem of paining and needles in one side of the body may be due to neurological or vascular causes.

Being a GP, If some one comes to my clinic with such complaints I will first rule out following in the order of priority with examination and investigations.

1. Migraine: My most of the female patients with the symptoms of unilateral head ache with associated other problem are suffering from migraine. This requires basic neurological examination and can be treated with drugs.

2. The other problem may be due to Vitamin deficiency due to malnutrition. Usually my patients presents with bilateral symptoms and this requires vitamin B6 and cyanocobalamine supplementation for nerve regeneration.

3. The other less possible cause may be due to any lesions in CNS like spinal cord/nerve compression. This need to be evaluated using radiological examination and neurologist opinion is required.

So with the symptoms I first supplement them with vitamin B complex, pain killer like Paracetamol 1000mg stat if not allergic to it and if not relieved of pain then other treatment for migraine.
If not controlled, then I refer them to neurologist for further examination as explained.

The chance of pain(your symptoms) due to self harming (deep cut in left hand) 5 years back is very rare here.

Hope this answered your question. Consult your doctor for further examination and management. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Had cut hand vein deeply, and not treated it . Left side from head to toe pains with breathing difficulty 31 minutes later
sir i have messive pain in my cut ..i cant even touch that hand properly it feels like dying pain in the left portion of the body ..i took voverien injection but nothing happened...The pain gets unbearable at times and i know the reason is because of the cut..please suggest mesomething related to my cut and how cn i cure it..???
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
take opioid analgesic & evaluation from orthopedic

Detailed Answer:

The unbearable pain after 5 years in wound area may be due to infection or due to abscess formation. This may be affecting the surrounding tissue.

With the history of only pain it is very difficult to diagnosis and to know about about the tissue injured. So I advice you to consult your orthopedician once for examination and further management.

If there any elevation of local temperature with swelling and redness then this suggest infection and need to be treated with antibiotic. If abscess formation then that need to be drained and then need to put antibiotic.

Kindly check whether all movements are normal. If any problem then this needs evaluation for the cause.

Now for pain you can take opioid analgesic since it is not relieved by Voverien injection. I usually prefer tramadol as an opiod analgesic. This is higher analgesic than NSAIDs.

Consult your doctor for further examination and management. Hope I answered your question. Wish you good health. Take care.