Had cut between thumb and index finger. Have sore throat. Should I take tetanus for infection?

Question
I cut my hand on Monday between my thumb and index finger with a kitchen knife. Today I woke up and by throat is really sore. is it possible I have teatnus or another infection related to the cut? I immediately washed and bandaged the cut afterwards.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: no infection that is related to the cut Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. The hand cut and the sore throat are two different problems altogether. They are not related to each other. Tetanus does not present with sore throat, and not this late. Take care of the sore throat by doing warm saline gargles or betadine gargle. Simple home remedies like hot soups, warm milk will take care of the sore throat. You can also take a tablet of Zyrtec for faster relief. Hope this helps you. Regards,

Follow-up: Had cut between thumb and index finger. Have sore throat. Should I take tetanus for infection? 13 hours later
woke up today with soreness in thec lower jaw should I be concerned?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 31 hours later
Brief Answer: follow my earlier suggestions Detailed Answer: Hello, Sorry for my delayed response. Please follow the earlier measures that I suggested. The soreness of lower jaw would also go away soon. There is no major concern here. Get well soon.

Follow-up: Had cut between thumb and index finger. Have sore throat. Should I take tetanus for infection? 17 hours later
Today woke up with tingling in my lower jaw should I be concerned?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later
Brief Answer: get examined by your primary care physician now Detailed Answer: hello, You seem to be developing new symptoms like tingling of the lower jaw now. Earlier, it was only soreness in the jaw. At this stage, it would be better to be examined by your primary care physician to look for underlying cause, and be treated accordingly. Wish you good health. Regards,

Follow-up: Had cut between thumb and index finger. Have sore throat. Should I take tetanus for infection? 26 minutes later
I went to doctor diagnosed with strep does this sound accurate? Yates positive on rapid c strep test

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is accurate Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, it sounds accurate. Please take the treatment accordingly. Wishes for speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Had cut between thumb and index finger. Have sore throat. Should I take tetanus for infection? 11 minutes later
Ok Thanks Dow the Prompt followup. I had no fever at all is this normal with strep?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later
Brief Answer: it is possible Detailed Answer: Hello, Trivial streptococcal throat infection can present with no fever at all. This is possible, more so in the initial stages. Take care!