Had cryotherapy and colposcopy. Bled after intercourse. Have a scar tissue that bleeds easily. Effective remedy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I am 30 years old. When I was 20 I had cyrotherapy. For the past few years, I had bleeding after intercourse. Today, I had colposcopy and it showed that I have scar tissue that easily bleeds. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
I understand your concern and I can only guess how frustrating it should be to live with such a condition.
An easily bleeding scar of cervix due to cryotherapy is difficult to heal. Your scar is fragile even after 10 years of the procedure.
There is not much that can be done to help you. Still you can try palcentrix ointment- placental extracts locally for a better healing. Taking trypsin- chymotrypsin orally can also help by increasing the strength of fibrous tissue.
You need to get these prescribed by your physician.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.