Ask a Urologist   »  

Had coughed while peeing. What causes pain and burning sensation when urinating?

I coughed while I was peeing and now when I pee it hurts and burns. What is happening?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Microinjuries may be... Detailed Answer: Hi, Coughing increases intraabdominal pressure as well as constricts urine outflow. Combination of these may have resulted in microinjuries resulting in the pain and burning sensation. Such injuries heal with time. So do not be concerned. Drink adequate liquids and wait for it to improve. You should feel better in the next couple of days. Observe your symptoms. Get yourself checked if pain and burning sensation worsen or you notice fresh symptoms including fever. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards