Had cortizone shot in lower back. Freezing and sweating. Confined to wheel chair and having osteoporosis. Suggest the cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a corizone shot on May 17,2013 in my lower back. I left feeling good, but the next day I was freezing and sweating to the point I was reaally wet, this went on for 4 days.That sat I was sent home for my right leg would not hold me up. Went to the ER that same day and they checked to see if it was bad vail. and it was O.K. but I can not walk. Then about a week and half or so everything swicth to the left side, and I have had therpy, and he said my pelvic was out of place so he work on that for a month. All I hear there is nothing wrong. I"m confine to a wheelchair. my last time I saw a Doctor said I have osteoporosis. Oh Yea I had to give of bloods. Can you please tell me what could be wrong? Thank you XXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start treatment for osteoporosis

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case with diligence.

At age of 61 there can be degenerative wear of bones, muscles, ligament and loss of elasticity of muscles, due to deficiency of calcium, vitamin D, VIT B12 and supplements of these nutrients can relieve pain.
In diabetics osteoporosis is very common osteoporosis leads diffuse pain in back.

Check your bone strength with DEXA SCAN and you can start medication according to level of osteoporosis,
You need to start supplement of calcium with vitamin D, vit B12, and if osteoporosis is severe then bisphophonates can be started.
I will advise you to do regular physiotherapy and exercises as my patients find much relief by these therapies.

You need to take diet XXXXXXX in calcium and vitamin D.
As this is degenerative age related change so your doctor tells you that nothing is wrong.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.