Had cortisone injection in ankle for heel spur. Getting stinging pain in toe. How to get relief?

Question
I had a cortisone injection in my ankle 2 months ago for a heel spur ans since then have a sharp stingy pain in my big toe -the pain is vertical and comes and goes.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

Pain from a heel spur usually results from inflammation resulting from damage to surrounding soft tissue. Cortisone which is a steroid is effective in relieving such inflammation and and as a result the pain. However, cortisone has side effects including nerve damage, tendon weakening and pain.

It is likely the pain you feel is due to a nerve irritation by the cortisone or by the injection needle. However, what ever the cause you will need to take vitamine b complex and Nucleo-cmp-forte in a bit to restore nerve function.

Hope this answers your query. If you have more query, please do not hesitate, i will be glad to help.
Best regards

Follow-up: Had cortisone injection in ankle for heel spur. Getting stinging pain in toe. How to get relief? 19 hours later
Will this solve itself or what do I do now?I want get back running/dancing.Does the second supplement you recommended affect birth control?

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
thanks once more for the query.

Its just a matter of time for the repair to take place unless there have been permanent damage.
There is no problem if you are taking your birth pills.

Hope this answers your query. If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answers.
Best regards