Had contact with menstrual blood around penis with condom. Am I at risk of STD?

Question
I had contact with menstrual blood around my penis ( I was wearing a condom) although a droplet or two MAY have touched my penis head which is uncircumcised. What STD am I at risk of? This happened on a recent trip outside the country and the only thing I know is the girl was a masseuse.
What is a good time to take a std test
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Risk cannot be restricted to one or two STDs

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Good that you were wearing a condom. However, as you are mentioning that a droplet or two MAY have touched your penis, you may be at risk of variety of STDs(bacterial and viral).

But most important things to be ruled out are Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and C, HIV, Herpes.

Though there is little risk, it is better to get tested. And regarding the timing for tests- different STDs have different incubation periods, so it is not possible to predict ideal time. However, your treating doctor based on physical examination would do appropriate screening tests and the tests may be repeated one more time after 3 months usually.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Had contact with menstrual blood around penis with condom. Am I at risk of STD? 7 hours later
Doctor,

Thanks for your response. I am however confused with this statement

"But most important things to be ruled out are Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and C, HIV, Herpes."

Did you mean the risk of these infections is minimum or that we need further tests conducted to rule them out.

SK

Answered by Dr. Guru 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Risk is minimum.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up.

Overall, your risk is very minimum as you were wearing condom. But, as you were mentioning that a droplet or two MAY have touched your penis, there is little risk.

Regarding the statement you are confused about- I just listed the common STDs for which we usually look for. Of course, the risk of these common infections is also very minimum in your case. I also meant that it is better and reassuring for you, if you get tested for these.

WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.