Had contact with body fluids while having protected sex. What are my chances of getting HIV?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had protected sex with a person with high risk of hiv. after intercourse, she gave me handjob with the condom on, she took the condom of after one minute, she fingered herself and touched the tip of my penis with her finger. I didn't ejaculate. starding from day 3 after exposure I started to feel discomfort at the testicules (not actual pain) and a feeling like having a flue (could have been realy a beginning of a flue as I was going out after shouwer with my wet hair). What is the rsik og getting HIV from that?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. First,if she didnt have open wound on finger, the risk is negligible and there is no reported case of such transmission. Other STDs are more possible but also the risk is generally low. I know that people are always afraid that these symptoms indicate acute retroviral syndrome,but in most cases this is just simple flu or respiratory allergy or psychosomatic effect. Your testicle sensation may be psychosomatic too or it can be sign of some mild infection and you should do urine analysis if this persist for more than 5 days. Other signs such as penile discharge,pain while urinating or fever can be sign of uroinfection or STD and then you should do std testing. I XXXXXXX think that HIV test is necessary but you can do it to ease for your satisfaction. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask