Had constipation problem, fever, eyes burning, gas bloating and pain in back. Done with USG and urine test. Could I ask a doctor?

Hi doc,
I usually had constipation problem once or twice in a year. Doc has given razo20,mebiz sr and bifilac hp. I become normal. But frm past three months i am really constipated. Symptoms- light fever,eyes burning, gas, bloating,flatulence,pain in the back which then moved to lower left back,pressing the lower left abdomen gives a sharp near the descending colon area. I got USG and urine test done. It was normal. Doc has given me sompraz d20, joxcy 500 and semi ultracet. While taking the medicine, the pain reduced and gone, but as i stopped it after 1 week, blisters in the tongue, constipation is there, not feeling 100%, mood swings very sharply. Please suggest
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probability of IBS

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence.

It seems like you are suffering intermittently from constipation.

The tablets Sompraz D 20, Joxcy 500 and semi ultracet are good and effective for your symptoms.

The blisters in the tongue could be due to side effects of the medicines. Please consider taking Multivitamin supplements like Becosules daily for 2 to 3 weeks. The blisters will heal.

I see that the constipation is still there, you are not feeling 100% fine, and there are sharp mood swings. In view of this, we can think of colonoscopy done to rule out any problem in the entire colon.

Please consult a skilled Gastroenterologist who can perform this procedure in you, and come to a conclusion.

Treatment can be planned accordingly.

Wish you quick recovery and good health.