Had concussion, pressure behind eyes, taking no medicine. What can be the cause?

i am a 19 year old male ,had a mild concussion in fall of 2011 .
I have been diagnosed concussion free bu still have bad pressure behind eyes what could be the cause. taking no meds and just slight allergies have seen numerous specialist withno results. I have no other concussion symptoms.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Before answering your question I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to understand and reply you.
Do you have any watering of eyes on seeing any TV or studying?
Do you feel strain in your eyes on seeing or reading?
Do you have any sneezing or stuffy nose?
Do you get any post nasal drip while sleeping?
Do you suffer from headaches?
Do you feel this strain daily or occasionally?

Waiting your reply.
Follow-up: Had concussion, pressure behind eyes, taking no medicine. What can be the cause? 3 days later
daily strain of eyes on studying and watchling tv - more like a pressure behind eyes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Your history suggests that your eyestrain has nothing to do with the concussion you had.
This most likely looks like a strain on your eyes.
Visual tasks such as reading, spending hours at the computer or watching television require you to focus and concentrate – and without you realizing it, you are actually placing strain on your eye muscles. The eye muscles tighten and this causes strain in your eyes.

If your eyes are strained or you are sensitive to light, you should visit an opthalmologist for an eye examination. Having your vision tested will also rule out any eye disorders and verify whether you need prescription spectacles or not.
Pending your visit to the doctor for your eye check up,you can take following measures

1....Close your eyes for a few minutes to ease the strain
2.....Practice eye exercises such as blinking or rolling your eyes - blinking moistens the eyes and relieves tight eye muscles
3.....Take regular breaks to relax eye muscle - occasionally look away from the monitor and focus on a distant object for a few seconds to give your eyes a rest.
4....avoid watching TV in darkness
5.... Take regularly VIT A supplement
6... Use a glare filter on your computer screen.
7...wear sunglasses when driving or outdoors.
Computer monitors and television screens should be positioned at eye level so that you can look down towards it
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck