Had concussion, headache, dizziness, taking Ibuprofen, neck pain, hurts to move eyes

Hi. i suffered a concussion a few months ago. i t took awhile for my headaches and dizziness to leave. I figured i was almost 100 percent. I drove a long distance for a wedding then for work. I feel okay in the morning and then during and after my drive i feel very dizzy and headaches that stick around for a long time and i feel its getting worse.I went to the doctor in april when i first suffered the concussion. He checked behind my eyes and a few standard checks. he said i probably suffered a concussion but not a serious one. he said if i have ongoing problems that i will need a ct scan. which i havent done yet.Im at work in camp now so i dont have to drive too much so i am hoping it will get better. i am also taking ibuprophhen for my headaches which dont appear to be doing much.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Head Injuries
Follow-up: Had concussion, headache, dizziness, taking Ibuprofen, neck pain, hurts to move eyes 7 minutes later
i am just remebering other symptons. it hurts to move my eyes left and right sometimes or up and down. my neck also hurts as well at times .when drving its hard to look to the sides because it is straining. thanks for your time
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

I am afraid to say that you need a computed tomography (CT) scan or even Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan sooner.

Some brain injuries like XXXXXXX axonal injury, contusions or chronic bleeds can present with delayed or prolonged symptoms. Chronic headache not responding to regular drugs is one of the presenting symptoms.

As you are suffering with regular headache not responding to analgesics, I would strongly recommend you to go ahead with a clinical evaluation and get this issue sorted.

Hope this answers your query. Please post your follow up queries if you have any other doubts.