Had complete hysterectomy done. Suspecting recurrence of endometriosis. Any ideas?

I have had a complete hysterectomy due to advanced endometriosis. It's been a year and a half, and now I suspect my endometriosis is back. What are my options? This is devastating to me considering all the crap I have been through!!
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 21 minutes later

After hysterectomy recurrence of endometriosis suggests extra-uterine lesions.
To locate exact site of endometriosis, i suggest you to get a diagnostic Laproscopy done. Treatment depends on the site of involvement.
Medical suppression in the form of oral contraceptive pills, SERM's shows good results.
I recommend you to discuss the benefits and risks of medical treatment with your Gynecologist.
With recent advances in medical science, even advanced endometriosis can be treated surgically. So, there is nothing to worry.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Had complete hysterectomy done. Suspecting recurrence of endometriosis. Any ideas? 8 minutes later
Sorry, but I am soo not satisfied with that answer. Let me tell you more, I have had 2 laproscopys, each time told that I was a severe case. After about 6 or 7 years, I knew I had problems. Asked for help, was told to try an iud, pills, etc. Found myself in soo much pain, went to emergency 4 times in 2 weeks. Was treated like a street person. last time I was there the doctor sent me for an ultrasound. Found 2 cysts bigger than grapefruits. The ultrasound tech was appalled that it took so long for help!! Ended up having an emergency complete hysterectomy. The doctor said he never saw anything like it. Felt awesome for a year and half, then had symptoms. Tell me how I have nothing to worry about? I did the most aggressive thing to fight endometriosis and now its back?? I tried everything! Have suffered over 20 years of pain and am so so tired of this!
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 58 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up query.

I went through your medical result in detail. I understand your concern.
Just wanted to know few more information before planning line of management:
1. Are the ovaries removed (both) or conserved during hysterectomy.
2. What was the histopathological report of the sample removed surgically.?
3. Are you on medications for endometriosis. If so, which and since how long?
4. Have you ever started oral contraceptive pills?

Waiting for your reply,
Dr Nilofer