Had complete hysterectomy and having strong libido and undergone surgery for vaginal prolaps. Interested in relationship. Advise?

Hi there I am a 69 year old woman, attractive, vivacious and deeply in love . I had a complete hysterectomy
about 25 years old. I am interested in having a good sexual relationship with this man . we have been
together for l4 months He has a strong libido but mine is not that good. climaxes are weak or delayed
I just had surgery for a vaginal prolaps and i feel young again in that respect. we are going on a honeymoon
cruise in XXXXXXX I would love tomake this a special occasion. Is there any help for this little lady?
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
The libido and Sexual Life can be improved

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query in XXXXXXX

With modern medicine, we have measures to improve the sexual function even after menopause / hysterectomy.

The common problems after menopause are

1. Decreased Libido - Due to decreased hormonal function

2. Decreased Lubrication - Causes dryness during intercourse and causes pain or even injury to the vaginal walls.

3. Decreased sensitivity of clitoris - Decreased sensitivity of the clitoris shall lead to decreases the pleasure

These issues can be managed by endocrinologist / specialised gynaecologist. You can consult one at your location.

Hope I gave you an insight into your concern

best regards

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine
Kerala, India