Had complete hysterectomy. Getting musty odour from vagina. Having hot flashes and sweating. What to do?

Hi, I had a complete hysterectomy last January and everything was fine until about 3 or 4 months ago . Now I am noticing a musty odor coming from my vagina. I tried everything to get rid of it and nothing is working . I shave , tried douching with vinegar, baking soda, and tried bathing with XXXXXXX cider vinegar since I read that it maybe that my ph level is off. I don't have any discharge at this time. Lately, I have been having hot flashes but my doctor sad I shouldn't be because she only took one of my ovaries and when i'm flashing, I sweat in that area which makes the odor worst. What can I do? Need some advice. Oh, i'm 46 yrs old
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the answer below

Detailed Answer:

I understand the situation you are in is not comfortable; however, no need to be worried to much. There is always a remedy for everything.

Now, let's take your problems one by one:

- You are saying that there is still one ovary left, so your hormones are still being produced.

At this point, your left ovary is having the same troubles of the removed one, so you should check this with your OG.

Or, perhaps, it is time for your body to enter the menopause (your age is 46) which is perfectly normal and not associated with hysterectomy. For this, I would suggest to measure the levels of female hormones in your blood and have another discussion with your OG.

- You are saying that there is an unpleasant odor coming out from your vagina with no discharge. This also supports the fact that most probably you are entering the menopause stage gradually.

The hormonal change would also give local signals to vagina to make proper changes.

- At last, your problem might be related to infection although with no discharge. Examining the vaginal swab for infection (bacterial, fungal) and Pap test could also help in the right diagnosis. You can discuss this option with your OG too.

At the final end, do not worry. It is perfectly normal what you are experiencing which also have solutions. You can discuss what I've shared with you earlier with your OG with patience.

My advice is also to have more fluids (water especially), avoid caloric foods (containing high sugar, high fat), avoid smoking and alcohol, in other words live healthy, eat healthy.

All the best!