Had compartment syndrome in lower leg, muscle calcified. Can the calcified muscle press my vein in leg?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
My ortho doctor said (years ago) that I have "compartment syndrome" in my lower left leg, and also that the muscle had calcified. I am having an angiogram MOnday, looking for blockage, as I have had chest pain. Should I tell my cardiologist about the calcified muscle? Is it possible that the calcified muscle is pressing on my vein in my leg. After listening to my pulse in my ankle, the doctor had asked me if I had pain when I walked and I said no, forgetting all about the cramps I've been getting the last 6 months...
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 5 hours later
Hello .
Considering your history of lower limb fracture and the surgeons diagnosis , it is quite possible that you may have peripheral vascular problems due to the pressure of calcified muscle.
It definitely is an important history and if there are any changes in the peripheral pulses , you ought to convey this history to your cardiologist prior hand .
Also please mention if you have any other symptoms like tingling numbness , pain on walking , skin changes on the legs or any ulcer on leg ankle etc.
These may or may not be present depending on the severity of the peripheral vascular disease.
Chest pain can also be caused by blockage of heart vessels from emboli traveling from peripheral vessels, so your doctor might evaluate you further in that direction .
Hope I have answered your query.