Had colonoscopy and polyps removed for biopsy. Tightness in sphincter, anal fissures and haemorrhoids. Mesh implanted to correct rectocele. Cure?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had a colonoscopy and 6 polyps were removed for biopsy (3 different kinds of polyps). The MD's notes state that there was a slight stricture at the rectosigmoid area and the camera went all the way to the appendix. Is there any reason for me to get a defecating proctogram? The MD's diagnosis for the colonoscopy was blockage at the opening due to daily shallow enemas. I don't feel this is correct. I feel the sphincter is tight as I get anal fissures and hemhorroids from passing hard stool - when things are soft, I can pass them without problem I was concerned that mesh implanted to correct a rectocele is causing the tightness. Is this possible?
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are chances the mesh is causing problem

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing in

I appreciate your tolerance level

With the multitude of diseases and the number of surgeries you have undergone, I am sure you are a strong lady

There are all chances the mesh could be causing problem as it has been refashioned and could have caused the fibrosis

What is the histopathology report of the polyps ???

I would suggest you add a lot of fiber and take plenty of fluids to avoid constipation, if the stool is very hard try stool softner like Liq Paraffin or milk of magnesia

A defecating proctogram would just add to the comment on colonoscopy

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Follow-up: Had colonoscopy and polyps removed for biopsy. Tightness in sphincter, anal fissures and haemorrhoids. Mesh implanted to correct rectocele. Cure? 2 hours later
I don't know what the biopsies revealed. I'll try to get copies on Monday. Can milk of magnesia be taken daily for the rest of my life?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better take it as and when need be....

Detailed Answer:
Will await your reply on reports

It is better you take any softner for a short period and once under control take as and when be

Hope this clears your doubts