Had colonoscopy and ate tomatoes, had stool which was looking bloody. Suggest?

I had colonoscopy a couple of days ago last night ate a lot of tomatos with my dinner
This morning my stool was looking bloody this is my first bit bowl movement since my colonoscopy
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 40 minutes later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM)

You have provided inadequate information. For example you haven't mentioned why you had colonoscopy?
What was the findings in colonoscopy?
Have the doctor taken any biopsy from colon?
What was the consistency of stool?
Whether blood was mixed with stool or it was seprate from stool?
Whether there is any abdominal pain or fever?

Please provide this necessary information. I hope you can understand. Please upload as soon as possible so that I can advise you

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.