Had colonoscopy. Psa results showed slight elevation. Should I be worried?

My psa results every 3 months have been < 0.05 since my radical prostatectomy on August 16 2012 . I had a colonoscopy on April 19 2013 and another psa test on April 30 2013 the results came back at 0.028 . Other than cancer recurrence could the slight rise be to residual prostate tissue left over from the radical prostatectomy and the instrument used during the colonoscopy engaged the tissue during the procedure ?
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 53 minutes later
You have mentioned that your PSA has been less than 0.05 since surgery and now it is 0.028. Unless you have put an extra zero, 0.028 is also under 0.05.
Hence there is nothing to worry.

Please let me know if you need some other info.
Follow-up: Had colonoscopy. Psa results showed slight elevation. Should I be worried? 1 hour later
When I got my results it said detectable psa at 0.028 which is pretty low. Should I contact my urologist to have him contact the lab maybe its an error by the lab and I'm hoping its not suppose to be 0.28 ?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 6 hours later
I think its just the way of reporting by the lab. Such mistakes are rare in good labs. Your PSA is still below the cutoff. Just continue followup as advised by your urologist.