Had colon cancer and had removal. Have high BP. Having test for bladder. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
Hello Tuesday I will be having a test to see in the bladdor to see what is going on does this mean cancer
I had colon cancer 2005 and did not need treatment only the removal of some of my large intesions High blood pressure,rods in lower back two knee replacements one has loosen hard ware the doc skipped town thank you
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Well it depends on which symptoms you present with and on your medical history before any one can tell if you are having cancer or not. It is true that you had a history of colon cancer which means you are at an increased risk of developing cancer in other organs, but it does not mean you must be having a cancer of the bladder (which is very rare).
You may just need to wait until the test is done to find out what you are having. Do please relax and do not think always of the worst when you are having an encounter with the hospital.

Hope this was helpful and please feel free to write back if you have more questions. Do accept my answer if you are satisfied.

Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had colon cancer and had removal. Have high BP. Having test for bladder. Suggest? 2 hours later
Thank You Docto ryou have help me feel more at peace God is control right I will let you know tomorrow okay God Bless you XXXXXXX XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 minutes later
Your welcome XXXXXXX and God bless you too, I wish you a better health and do let me know then.

Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had colon cancer and had removal. Have high BP. Having test for bladder. Suggest? 34 hours later
Good morning Doctor got the results on Tuesday and I DONOT HAVE BLADDER CANCER.i DO NEED SURGERY ON THE BLADDER HE WANTS TO PUT A SLING IN. I HAVE 5 BLOCKING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY NECK,AND 3 ON THE LEFT SIDE,HAD BLOOD WORK YESTERDAY AND THE DOCTOR WILL SEND A E-MAIL TO ME WHAT WILL BE NEXT TO DO ABOUT IT.mY QUESTION IS WHAT DO THEY DO FOR THIS ISSUE?i HAVE A LOT OF HEART TROUBLE IN THE FAMILY,i FEEL MY HEART BEAT IN MY NECK SOME TIMES,VERY VERY TIRED ALSO.dO YOU THINK i WILL NEED SURGERY IF SO HOW DO THEY DO THIS.IS THIS SOMETHING I SHOULD WORRY ABOUT? THANK YOU SO MUCH DOCTOR GOD BLESS YOU IN EVERY THING YOU DO AND YOUR FAMILY CONCERN XXXXXXX XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 33 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

I appreciate the update. I would not be able to tell exactly the reason for the procedure without knowing why it is being done in the first place.
I am glad to hear that you do not have bladder cancer, but you probably have another problem reason why a sling has to be put.
The surgery is probably aimed to help with the blockage around your bladder area.
Surgery actually depends on your doctor's laboratory and imagery findings. If after completing evaluating you and your doctor deems it necessary to operate you, then I am sure it will be surely the best decision taken.
Do take sometime to ask for the name of the surgical intervention to be carried out on you then you may further ask me follow up questions.

Hope this helps further and wish you the best.
God bless you.
Dr. Nsah