Had cold wet sweat, leg ache, burning stomach and diarrhea. Can I take penicillin?

ENT Specialist
I am sick. please help! woke up in cold wet sweat Monday nite, been sick ever since, leg muscle aches, burning stomach, fever, diaarrah, chills! can't stand up straight to fix something to eat! hot and cold sweaty! can I take penicillin?? what do I have?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: get physician consultation and blood tests Detailed Answer: Hello, This presentation could be of viral illness. Penicillin is not likely to help you. I suggest that you see a local physician who can order test on your blood and stool samples. He/she might prescribe quinolones and antiparasitic drug , like ciprofloxacin with Tinidazole that may help. In addition take antacid tablet for burning sensation in stomach and paracetamol to bring down the fever. In the interim drink plenty of fluids and eat fresh vegetables / fruits. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards