Had cold and sore throat. Noticed mass at back of throat and ear problem. Should I be worried?

I have had a cold for 2 weeks. And finaly my sore throat went away. Today i noticed my tongue was rubbing on a hard marble size mass all the way in the back on the right side. That ear has been bothering me too. I have no tonsils or adnoides. Should i he worried?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is better to get it checked Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. It is surprising that you have a hard marble size mass on the back of your throat when you do not have tonsils or adenoids. In my view, it is better to get it checked by your local physician. We need to know if it is a kind of growth or infection. Treatment can be planned accordingly. Let me know if you have more queries. Regards,