Had cold. Now have blocked head, phlegm, uneasiness and weakness. What medication to take?

I had cold for last 4 days. I didn't take any medicine and it went away. But now I am not feeling myself. It feels like blocked head and phlegm every now and then. By evening i have some sort of uneasiness and feel weak. I don't know what medicine to take. Can i know what is the problem and what medicine i have to take.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

You seem to be having seasonal cough and cold.

Please do following which should help.

>Take plenty of liquids
>Take more of hot liquids like tea/coffee/soup etc.
>Take light diet; avoid fried foods and cold drinks
>Take tablet paracetamol for body ache and headache. You can take up to 3 tablets in a day.
>Take steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil at least once a day.
>Take proper rest.

This will solve most of your problems.

In case you still do not feel good than you need to visit a doctor and take medicines for this. Further drugs and antibiotics if needed can only be given after physical examination.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you best of health.