Had clear discharge from penis.Tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia. Applied Monistat, fungal creams. STD?

I have had a clear discharge That because I am uncircumsized in the am, Turns to a yellow / XXXXXXX puss on the top of the penis. This has been going on for several weeks now, I have been tested for gonnareah Trich and Clymidia all Negative, And have had shots of Rocephyn , and Oral meds Like docycyclin azrthomycin cipro and Flaygel But nothing has helped Thus Far. I have treated also with Monistat and other Fungal creams for 10 days But Nothing has worked, I have read about NON Specifiac Uthritis which at this point May very well be, If that is the condition, Does it stop on its own, Or Just keeps on ? what else could be causing This Thanks
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 10 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
the diagnosis of non specific urethritis is a diagnosis of exclusion. This means that, an infectious agent must be looked for using the appropriate techniques available, and its only when these tests are negative that we should make this diagnosis.
We need to start with a cytological, bacteriological and parasitic analysis, then a culture of the discharge and appropriate anti biotic sensitivity testing done.
It is when these exams reveal no organism that the diagnosis of non specific urethritis is then made.
Inappropriate treatment has led to development of resistant strains of most commonly implicated germs, reason for this proper exams to get done first.
Treatment protocols for non specific urethritis do exist.
I suggest you consult a urologist first, for a proper evaluation and management.
Thanks and best regards,
will be honored answering further questions if need be.
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Had clear discharge from penis.Tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia. Applied Monistat, fungal creams. STD? 5 minutes later
There is a redness around the Penis head. And There was a Burning during urination also., The Creams Have helped The Burning to stop when passing urine, My urologist did send out the culture tests which came back negative for gonareah trich and clymidia, as did The ER Room I went to last week, Who else can test for these organisms, Would a hospital or a STD clinc do these tests to diagnose the cause of the secretion ?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
If these tests came back negative, what is usually done is sending it to another centre for reexamination. If results are still negative , there follow probabilistic treatment with standard protocols which differ from country to country
The treatment is usually based on a combination of three drugs. An Imidazole ,Doxycycline and an aminoglycoside. Treatment usually takes 21 days minimum, without unprotected sex and no alcohol.
I suggest you revisit your urologist and suggest to him.He shall be willing to listen to you too.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD. Never mind asking further questions if need be.,