Had chronic sinusitis with pressure in ears. Having tension headache. Medication leading to side effect. What to do?

ENT Specialist
For the last 3 to 4 months, I have had chronic sinisitus with pressure in my ears. I've experiened this off and on for 15 - 20 years, but this feels like it is too long. I've gone to my Dr. and ENT. My brain scan is normal. Most of my meds lead to bad side affects rather than doing what the meds were taken for (at least 3 different meds) and i got a tension headache for weeks as well. I will have a tilt test next week. I take zyrtec & flonase daily, added claritin. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Local medicine and Exercise

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I have gone through your query that you have side effect to most of medicine there fore I personally advised , you use local acting medicine such as nasal drops, nasal spray, inhalational medicine and eustachian tube exercise but avoids systemic drug as much as possible.
Some exercise-
Inflation of middle ear by
Valsalva's manoeuvre
Ballooning and
Chewing xylitol containing chewing gum

Also for steam inhalation five times a day

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Wish you good health