Had chicken pox. Spots on skin. Remedy?

i had chicken pox 4 years back..... because of whick my skn has got spots ... any home remedy available??

Also if any lotion or cream available in market to fill in the spots due to chicken pox ...plzz suggest
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 12 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Depressed scars due to chicken pox can be treated by procedures alone. Topical creams and gels give poor response. You can do procedures like subcision, dermaroller and pixel lasers to raise the skin in the scars( fill them). If you want to try topicals, you can use silicon containing gels. But as they are already 4 years old , the response will be poor.
You could try home remedies like applying lime or orange juice to lighten the spots. But it will not fill them.
Hope this answered your query.
Follow-up: Had chicken pox. Spots on skin. Remedy? 4 minutes later
Thanks for the reply,well can you suggest me the best place for the given treatment and also the estimated cost and time for the same.Are there any side effects.....?
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 10 minutes later
Hello again XXXXXX,
You could search for a health care magic specialist in your area.
1. Subcision - cost depends on number of scars and from doctor to doctor. Side effects include mild swelling and redness for 1-2 days after the procedure.
2. Dermaroller- can cost between 2000 to 3000 per session. Redness and swelling for about 4 days after the procedure.
3. Pixel lasers - can cost 4000 to 5000 per session depending on area involved. Similar side effects as dermaroller.
All the procedures need to be done 4-6 times at monthly intervals to get maximum benefit.
Hope I have answered your queries. If you do not have any more queries, you can close the discussion and rate the same.